Traveler Spotlight: Dana and Carlos
What is your favorite part about working with Ventura Medstaff?
- Our recruiter Dustin and his team do a great job of finding jobs in our desired locations/setting rather than wait for any job in the state to appear. They really work hard to advocate for us.
Which state has been your favorite place to travel and why?
- Washington has been our favorite state so far because of all the incredible hiking in the mountains. We were in Tacoma, which was an hour from Seattle, has mountains in every direction, as well as the sound which was so calming to see everyday.
What states have you traveled to? What’s in your future bucket list and why?
- So far we have worked in IL, WA, and CA. We would love to travel more in CA, OR, AK, NC, and ME because why not? Each state is different and we would love to explore the beauty in each area.
If you could travel back in time, what advice would you give to yourself about traveling?
- Be open to places that you didn’t think you would want to go. They may surprise you, and if not, you can put up with anything for 13 weeks.
What do you do like to do in your free time?
- Hike, check out the local food scene, exercise.
For the foodies out there, what’s been your favorite dining experiences while traveling?
- MSM in Tacoma, WA- some of the best sandwiches in the Pacific Northwest, well earned after hiking trips.
- Ooink– Best Ramen in Seattle, WA-best we’ve ever had.
- Teddy’s Red Tacos in Los Angeles, CA – best Birria tacos we’ve ever had.
- Sidecar Donuts in Santa Monica, CA – all of the donuts are amazing.
- Piece Pizza and Brewery in Chicago, IL – decent beers, amazing pizza.
- Redhot Ranch in Chicago, IL – best affordable burger in the city.